Painter, Lincoln, UK
Lincoln based painter, renowned for vibrancy of palette and loose fluid style.
I work from my studio at home in Lincoln. I use acrylic, watercolour and oil on canvas, wood or paper. Sketches, work from life and photographs inform my work. I love to use bold vibrant colour and line to interpret the world around me.
I enjoy the challenge of commission work, and welcome enquiries and visits to the studio. Subjects are wide ranging, from portraits to seascapes, architectural views to book illustrations.
If you are interested in buying a piece of work or a print you can contact me by phone, e mail email@example.com or Facebook Gill Vines Fine Artist, alternatively call into Harding House Gallery in Lincoln.
Print prices start from £25, large A3 prints are from £50, excluding postage. Paintings prices are available on application. Contact me for details.
You can see my work:
December 2017 'Captivated by Colour'- Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre
May 2018 Solo exhibition Harding House Upper Gallery
Harding House Gallery, Steep Hill, Lincoln
By appointment at home 07752657246
Bluestone Art, Lincoln
Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre Christmas Exhibition
Land and Sea Caistor Arts and Heritage Centre 2017
Thrice Lincolnshire Artists Society exhibitor 2017
Group shows at Harding House Gallery Lincoln 2014-2017
Astonia and the Garden’. Solo exhibition Harding House Gallery June-July 2015
Gallery at St Martins Anniversary exhibition January 2014
Fools and Angels Group shows 2012-16
Lincoln Artists' Markets 2012/13
Gallery at St Martin’s, Lincoln, May 2012
Harley Gallery Open January – March 2012
Group exhibition ‘I Saw Three Ships’ Gallery at St Martin’s December 12th-30th 2011
Solo exhibition Gallery at St Martin’s Lincoln November 14th to 20th 2011
Harding House Gallery 2005
Eastern Open 2002
Testimonials from clients:
"I just have to tell you the pictures were absolutely wonderful and (they) were thrilled with them. Such lovely mementos of a wonderful day. Thank you very much for going to so much trouble…"
“Gill Vines Walther has painted a most wonderful and exquisite portrait of (the sitter) in water colours as a commissioned present for my birthday. Capturing a likeness in both the physical and the unmistakable spirit… The wash of colour is vividly alive and at different times of the day transforms almost photographic at time. Thank you to both model and artist x”
- Exhibitions curator Harding House Gallery at Harding House Gallery
- October 2016 – Present Steep Hill Lincoln
- Artist member of Harding House Gallery Artists Cooperative at Harding House Gallery
- 2014 – Present Steep Hill, Lincoln
- Self employed artist at Gill Vines Fine Artist
- 2002 – Present Lincoln, UK
- Part time primary school teacher KS1 at Potterhanworth Primary School
- 2002 – 2004 Lincolnshire, UK
- Senior Teacher at Baumber Primary School
- 1999 – 2002 Baumber, Lincolnshire, UK
- KS1 Teacher at Potterhanworth Primary School
- 1994 – 1999 Lincolnshire, UK
- PGCE in Primary Education at Bishop Grosseteste University
- 1992 – 1993 Lincoln UK
- BA (Hons) Textile design at Liverpool John Moore’s University
- 1988 – 1991 Liverpool, UK
- Foundation Course in Art and Design at Herts College of Art and Design
- 1987 – 1988 St Albans, UK
- Land and Sea at 28 Plough Hill, Caistor Lincolnshire UK
- Lincolnshire Artists Society Art in the Barn at Doddington Hall, Doddington Hall, Doddington, Lincolnshire, UK
- Astonia and the Garden at Harding House Gallery, Steep HIll, Lincoln
- Painting and drawing from life in oils
- whatever I have..
- Portrait painting
- Landscape painting
- Private art teaching Primary to adult
- Life painting
- Qualified teacher